Burns Development Group, based out of the Dallas, Texas metropolitan area, was formed in 2009 by Linda Burns, an economic development specialist with over 30 years experience in corporate recruitment, marketing and non-profit organizational planning, and Don Burns, with over 40 years experience in planning, industrial and architectural design, and commercial and municipal construction project management. They are joined by a talented and experienced multi-disciplinary group of professionals from the fields of economics, economic development, real estate, retail analytics, website design and internet marketing, graphic design and advertising, public relations, finance, environmental and sustainability, and non-profit management.
LINDA BURNS, Principal
As Director of Economic Development for the Dallas Regional Chamber for nine years, Linda partnered with economic developers in 15 counties and the State of Texas to market and recruit major Fortune 500 companies to North Texas. Linda is currently a consultant to the North Texas Commission, the regional non-profit consortium of businesses, cities, counties, chambers of commerce, economic development entities and higher education institutions in the North Texas region.
Prior experience also includes prospect recruitment, project management, infrastructure planning, and target industry marketing for the City of Dallas; and mixed use economic planning and development in New Orleans post-World�s Fair. A highlight of the New Orleans experience involved work on the planning and funding strategy for the riverfront streetcar line extension linking downtown to Lee Circle.
Linda was a consultant to Hillwood Development for Victory Park, a major urban development in downtown Dallas, and recently to Craig International for the Craig Ranch corporate center in McKinney, Texas, and the City of Farmers Branch for the Four Corners expansion.
- President, CoreNet Global SW Chapter (TX, OK, AR, and LA)
- Past Chair, CoreNet Member & Component Strategies Global Council (2010-11)
- Chair, CoreNet Member & Component Strategies Global Council (2009-10)
- IAMC Leadership Development Committee (2009)
- North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors Board (2007-2009)
- International Economic Development Council
- The Real Estate Council
- Texas Economic Development Council
Accomplishments and Honors include:
- Site Selection magazine �Top 10 Economic Development Groups in the U.S.�
For 7 years while Director, Economic Development, Dallas Regional Chamber (formerly Greater Dallas Chamber)
- Dallas Business Journal �Best Real Estate Deals� Annual Judge
- Dallas Press Club Headliner of the Year Award Recipient
- Founding Director, The Science Place (now Perot Museum of Nature & Science)
Professional and Volunteer Experience:
- Superbowl XLV Host Committee Aviation Action Team
- N. Central TX Council of Governments Air Transportation Technical Advisory
- Dallas Love Field Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee
- Vision North Texas (NCTCOG, UTA and ULI) Alternatives Research Team
- North Texas Commission/North Texas Aviation Marketing Committee
- Texas One � Governor�s Office Marketing Team (2000-2009)
- Team Texas � TEDC Statewide Marketing Team (2000-2009)
- 2012 Olympics Initiative
- Big 12 Conference Committee
- Association of Science-Technology Centers, Board Officer, Washington, DC
- Goals for Dallas Task Force, City of Dallas
- Dallas 2000 Congress Planning Member
- Riverfront Transit Coalition Board, New Orleans, LA
- DFW Marketing Team (2002-2009)
DON BURNS, Principal
Over 40 years experience in planning, industrial and architectural design, and commercial and municipal construction management. Extensive experience with unique environments, including cultural and recreational facilities, riverfront and harbor developments, state and national parks, aquariums, zoos, science centers, historic sites and museums, and commercial interpretive exhibitions.
Don is a project manager for the City of Dallas Trinity River Corridor�s Audubon Center, Texas Horse Park, and Trinity Overlook projects; the Dallas Zoo, and the Dallas Aquarium. Other work has included: Lear-Siegler, NASA Johnson Space Center, United Technologies, Bass Family, Craig & Kathryn Hall, General Electric, Smithsonian Institute Air and Space Museum, The Franklin Institute Science Museum, Chicago Museum of Science & Industry, National Aquarium (Baltimore), New England Aquarium (Boston), National Park Service Acadian Cultural Centers (Louisiana), Boston Museum of Science, Franklin Park Zoo, The Science Place (Dallas), Museum of African-American Life & Culture (Dallas), and The Museum of Science and Discovery (Fort Lauderdale).
BDG�S ANALYTIC ALLIANCES
Burns Development Group is also part of a strategic consulting network that shares the same commitment to quality and can team up, as needed, for proprietary data or for larger requirements. This flexible structure assures you of the highest quality service while still staying within your budget.